The Pirate IRC network is an IRC network for the global network of Pirate Parties who use IRC as a communication platform for political discussion.
- 2018-02-23: IP cloaking (umode +x) has been disabled for non webchat users. Unfortunately there's a bug/design feature in Atheme that allows for these cloaks to be easily negated. Vhosts are still available with HostServ (after identifying/registering to NickServ). To see which vhosts are available to you use
/msg hostserv offerlist. To start using a vhost enter
/msg hostserv take copypaste.pirate. In addition we recommend configuring SASL or certificate authentication for your client.
- 2018-02-19: Please welcome AriMartti, our third Roubaix-FR operator. Ari-Martti is also from PPFI and will be joining Mikaela and Scoffa.
- 2018-02-12: DroneBL has been added to our blacklist. Please join #opers if you have any concerns.
- 2017-08-15: London-UK has been decomissioned. The DNS pool has been updated to use other servers and users should experience minimal downtime.
- 2017-05-11: Please welcome Mikaela who has joined us as an admin of Roubaix-FR. Mikaela hails from PPFI and will be working with the existing admin, Scoffa.
- 2017-04-20: Indian Pirates have started running Matrix bridge sponsored by Hamara Linux that can be accessed with room alias
#pirateirc_#your-channel:diasp.inon any federated homeserver.
- 2015-01-29: The Piraattipuolue (The Pirate Party of Finland) have moved their server from Lithuania to France. This means that vilnius-lt.pirateirc.net has moved and become roubaix-fr.pirateirc.net. The DNS for the old server now points to roubaix-fr.pirateirc.net. Please remember to update your clients.
- 2015-01-13: Fletcher has taken over from Brendan as the admin for Sydney-AU which is hosted by PPAU.
- 2012-11-24: Sydney-AU has been linked. It's hosted by Pirate Party Australia from Sydney, Australia. Brendan has moved from Ashburn-US as primary oper.
- 2012-11-24: Ashburn-US has been decomissioned. The DNS pool has been updated to use other servers and users should experience minimal downtime.