The Pirate IRC network is an IRC network for the global network of Pirate Parties who use IRC as a communication platform for political discussion.
- 2018-11-01: Roubaix-fr is running a Yggdrasil node and is reachable at
201:677d:1809:c5eb:202a:d39:e598:305port 6697 (TLS, recommended) and 6667 (only Yggdrasils transport encryption). To learn more about Yggdrasil, see Yggdrasil-network.github.io.
- 2018-10-31: Roubaix-fr is running experimental Tor gateway on
tll4bxf546kzf6iv4n2m4pbbjnifrfewe3kcritva2tuuuiowygx2cqd.onionport 6697 (TLS, recommended) and 6667 (only Tor's transport encryption). To learn more about Tor, see Torproject.org. Please note that we currently require SASL authentication in order to prevent abuse.
- 2018-08-03: Dan from PPAU has joined us as an admin for Sydney-AU.
- 2018-05-29: Plaintext (Non SSL) connections will no longer be accepted on the network. Additionally the maximum nick length has been raised from 15 to 32 characters.
- 2018-05-25: We've outlined what data we collect and how we use it.
- 2018-02-23: IP cloaking (umode +x) has been disabled for non webchat users. Unfortunately there's a bug/design feature in Atheme that allows for these cloaks to be easily negated. Vhosts are still available with HostServ (after identifying/registering to NickServ). To see which vhosts are available to you use
/msg hostserv offerlist. To start using a vhost enter
/msg hostserv take copypaste.pirate. In addition we recommend configuring SASL or certificate authentication for your client.
- 2018-02-19: Please welcome AriMartti, our third Roubaix-FR operator. Ari-Martti is also from PPFI and will be joining Mikaela and Scoffa.
- 2018-02-12: DroneBL has been added to our blacklist. Please join #opers if you have any concerns.
- 2017-08-15: London-UK has been decomissioned. The DNS pool has been updated to use other servers and users should experience minimal downtime.
- 2017-05-11: Please welcome Mikaela who has joined us as an admin of Roubaix-FR. Mikaela hails from PPFI and will be working with the existing admin, Scoffa.
- 2017-04-20: Indian Pirates have started running Matrix bridge sponsored by Hamara Linux that can be accessed with room alias
#pirateirc_#your-channel:diasp.inon any federated homeserver.
- 2015-01-29: The Piraattipuolue (The Pirate Party of Finland) have moved their server from Lithuania to France. This means that vilnius-lt.pirateirc.net has moved and become roubaix-fr.pirateirc.net. The DNS for the old server now points to roubaix-fr.pirateirc.net. Please remember to update your clients.
- 2015-01-13: Fletcher has taken over from Brendan as the admin for Sydney-AU which is hosted by PPAU.
- 2012-11-24: Sydney-AU has been linked. It's hosted by Pirate Party Australia from Sydney, Australia. Brendan has moved from Ashburn-US as primary oper.
- 2012-11-24: Ashburn-US has been decomissioned. The DNS pool has been updated to use other servers and users should experience minimal downtime.